Thursday, June 11, 2009


My final project came out a little bit different then planned in my project proposal. About 48 hours before our exhibit I discovered that although my water tank was water tight, I had not accounted for water pressure. The water pressure was so great that it broke the seal of the epoxy and leaked from the bottom. So I improvised with these water jugs I found at Walmart. I think with this last minute curve ball my project was pretty successful.

I filled the two jugs on the outside with water and soap and the middle jug with tiny Styrofoam balls. The outside jugs represented the temperatures in Bolivia and India and the middle jug represents Greenland.
The jugs had an opening in the back so bubbles formed by the soap could escape. This was helpful in telling what country was warmer. India's bubbles came out faster than Bolivias.

No comments: